Would you like to be a part of a dynamic group of people who are bringing music to life in the Greater Rochester community? Why not volunteer to help the RPO? Your efforts can help maintain the RPO's extensive array of musical, educational and community programs.
As an RPO volunteer, you have the opportunity to work and learn in a variety of different behind-the-scene environments and meet other people who share your desire to make a difference in our community's cultural life.
From planning and executing exciting special events to responsibilities as educational ambassadors for young children, our valued volunteers are critical in our efforts to achieve and maintain the mission of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra.
There are many volunteer opportunities for individuals in the RPO family, including:
- Rochester Philharmonic League: The RPO Volunteer Program includes the League whose members serve as in-school docents and escorts for Education concerts. They also sponsor the Young Artist Auditions program, appreciation events for the RPO Orchestra and Staff and fundraising.
- General Office: Assist with clerical tasks, prepare mailings, help with data entry or work at the reception desk
- Special Events/Fundraising: Plan the next gala, golf tournament, Symphony Showhouse or other fundraiser; obtain corporate sponsorships; create ways to thank supporters
- Marketing: Become an usher for RPO concerts, distribute marketing materials
- Hospitality: Help with furnishing or serving refreshments at events
- Finance: Help with data entry
- Rochester Philharmonic Youth Orchestra: Help with special projects, assist the RPYO Manager
- Miscellaneous: Run errands, help with office building maintenance
To join our volunteer corps, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, mailing address and daytime and evening phone numbers. Please indicate any skills or talents you would like to share. If you have questions, contact Brigid Ryan at 585-454-7311 x243. Personal interviews are arranged after your application is received.