Like many of you, the team at your Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra is keeping up with the latest government mandates regarding the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
Since our announcement on March 9th, it has become clear that all concerts through May 30 must be rescheduled for a future date. These include:
- Beethoven + Brahms (Phils Series – March 19 &21)
- American Diva (Pops Series – April 17 & 18)
- Lees Conducts Schubert (Matinee Series – April 19)
- National Geographic’s Symphony for Our World (April 25)
- The Sounds of Nature (OrKIDStra Series – April 26)
- The Year 1905 (Phils Series – April 30 & May 2)
- Thundering Organ Symphony (Phils Series – May 7 & 9)
- Get Out the Vote (OrKIDStra Series – May 17)
- Legends: Paul Simon Songbook (Pops Series – May 22 & 23)
- Jazz: America’s Classical (Matinee Series – May 24)
- Titan Symphony (Philharmonics Series – May 28 & 30)
- The Music of John Williams (May 29)
We are pleased to announce that two concerts are now rescheduled:
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid in Concert Live to Film (originally Saturday, March 14) is scheduled for Friday, July 24 at 7 PM in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre.
- Ben Folds in Concert with the RPO (originally Friday, May 8) is scheduled for Saturday, December 12 at 7:30 PM in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre.
Tickets for both concerts are available for immediate purchase. We are currently at work rescheduling the remaining events as quickly as possible, and assure that everyone will receive the full value of their tickets once the music returns.
Effective immediately, the RPO Administrative Office and Patron Services Center will suspend in-person operations until further notice. We have since moved to a virtual office system. Inquiries regarding concerts and subscriptions can still be made by calling the Patron Services Center at (585) 454-2100 during regular business hours (Monday through Saturday, 10 AM to 5 PM).
There may be extended call times due to the implementation of the virtual box office. You may also reach us via email at [email protected].
“WHAT CAN I DO?” • “HOW CAN WE HELP?”
Many RPO patrons have asked how they can help. We are deeply grateful for the outpouring of support and can suggest:
- You may retain your tickets for the rescheduled performances – and information will be forthcoming in the days and weeks that follow.
- If you are unable to attend the rescheduled performances, consider donating the value of your tickets to the RPO’s annual fund. Your tax-deductible donation ensures the financial strength of your RPO so we can assure live orchestral performances in the future.
- When you donate your tickets, you will receive four free vouchers to select RPO performances in the coming year – please share with friends and neighbors and help us welcome them into the RPO family.
- You may exchange your tickets into select concerts in the 2020-21 season. You can find a listing of the season at RPO.org. Please note: if you are exchanging into a 20-21 concert, seats cannot be guaranteed until mid-June as we need to fulfill seat requests for 20-21 subscriptions first.
- You may also apply the value of your tickets to a subscription next season.
- Purchase gift certificates for friends – you could even apply the value of your tickets to a Gift Certificate.
- If you would prefer a refund, you may request one.
- As we demonstrate our compassion for our neighbors affected by the virus, please advocate for government support and assistance to assure that non-profit institutions like the Rochester Philharmonic will continue to enrich our communities during from this crisis.
Your patience and support mean so much to us, particularly in this challenging time. Rochester audiences have long been generous and keep this community and this orchestra flourishing.