Tiny Tots Concerts: Temple B’rith Kodesh
Christopher Confessore, conductor
Say Hello to the RPO! – An Introduction to the Orchestra
Gregory Smith – Tempus Fugit
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Eine kleine Nachtmusik – Movement 1
Leo Delibes – Pizzicati from Sylvia Suite – Movement 3
Gabriel Faure – Sicilienne from Pelleas et Melisande
Georges Bizet – Les dragons d’Alcala from Carmen Suite No. 1
Traditional – Wheels on the Bus
Paul Dukas – La Péri Fanfare
Johann Strauss, Sr. – Radetsky March
Dmitri Kabalevsky – Galop from The Comedians
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker
Jacques Offenbach – Can Can from Orpheus in the Underworld
Providing music education to our community is the core of the RPO’s mission. Every year, over 17,000 students sing, clap, stomp, dance, and interact with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra in specially designed concerts held in the Eastman Theatre and public venues throughout our community. Of these students, 7,500 are from the Rochester City School District; 100% of RCSD 3rd grade and 5th grade students attend RPO Education Concerts. Pre-concert classroom learning materials are provided to enhance and meet New York State curriculum guidelines.
In a culturally vibrant community, it is essential that all citizens, especially the youngest, have access to live arts experiences, regardless of their financial circumstances.
Tiny Tots Concerts:
- 45 min concerts for preschoolers and kindergarteners
- Concerts are offered in public schools, community centers, and houses of worship across diverse neighborhoods to provide easy access for all.
- Students learn basic musical terms, listening skills, and the instruments of the orchestra.
- 6 concerts per year in May
- Admission is free to all for RPO Tiny Tots performances.
Tiny Tots concerts sponsored by: