POSITION: Artist Liaison (Full-time, Non-exempt)
REPORTS TO: Concert Production Manager
The Artist Liaison is responsible for providing support to all visiting RPO soloists and conductors for the length of the engagement, including guest artist contract management and coordination of travel, lodging and other hospitality arrangements, as well as the safe and timely transport of all guest artists between airport, hotels and venues for rehearsals and concerts. Creation of itineraries, execution of guest artist hospitality, maintenance of guest artist amenities and driving are the other major duties associated with this position, plus administrative departmental support as needed. The Artist Liaison should have a valid driver’s license and vehicle, although there will be access to other vehicles as available (rentals or a company car) to use for RPO transport.
- Contract management for all guest artists, including generating and issuing contracts, and ensuring payment of fees at the end of the engagement.
- Booking of guest artist travel arrangements and hotel accommodations as needed.
- Manage transportation of RPO guests, conductors, and soloists between airport, hotel, and venues for rehearsals and concerts. Participation in concert duty rotation is required.
- Prepare and distribute guest itineraries for artist agents, plus other RPO departments or collaborators as required.
- Implement guest artist hospitality arrangements, and monitor/maintain the supply of guest amenities (bottled water, coffee, tea, rider requirements, etc.).
- Manage invoices and oversee payments to related vendors.
- Provide occasional support for education and community concerts, plus other RPO events.
- Perform other duties as needed or directed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be of legal driving age and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Familiarity with the roads and highways of Rochester and the surrounding area preferred. As there are occasions when larger vehicles are required to transport groups, familiarity and comfort with a variety of vehicle types also preferred.
- Customer service experience in a professional environment desired. Background in classical music encouraged but not required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Computer literate and proficient with email.
- Ability and ease in problem-solving and use of good judgment.
- Dependability, good organization skills, and punctuality mandatory.
- Ability to safely operate various-sized vehicles, ranging from a sedan to a 15-passenger van.
- Professionalism, a sense of humor and discretion mandatory. This position regularly works with staff, high-profile guest artists, conductors, composers, and others.
- Ability to maintain a positive working atmosphere, behaving and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner using considerable tact.
- Flexibility in schedule, including days, nights and weekends, and the ability to work irregular hours as needed.
Send a cover letter and salary requirements to Irene Shaffer, Human Resources Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
108 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14604