Job Title: Database Manager
Classification: Full Time – Exempt
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: The Database Manager is responsible for managing the organizations database software. The Database Manager provides applications technical support for specific applications in finance, marketing, and development – wherever it is needed. The Database Manager also provides training to assist staff in efficient use of applications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee management of all Tessitura software, including planning, and maintenance.
- Apply and test software updates, as released by Tessitura.
- Stay updated with new database technologies and analyze such technologies to bring into scope of existing infrastructure.
- Manage all data integrity. Secures database by developing policies, procedures, controls and enforcing standards. Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems. Audits to ensure the integrity of our data.
- Provide support for the whole organization, including department specific uses of the application, such as year-over-year donor tracking, list management, and financial reconciliation.
- Train and assist staff in the operation of software, and make recommendations on how software can assist them in their work.
- Work with all departments on the implementation of yearly processing cycles/campaigns. Prepare data files as required.
- Prepare calling files as needed for telefund/telemarketing partner
- Assist in month-end/ year-end close-out procedures for the organization.
- Help create and update documentation to allow easy access to daily/monthly/yearly processing procedures.
- Create specialized reports and files requested by staff and make recommendations as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with all outside consultants, vendors, and user groups who can provide technical assistance and system support.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of database experience (knowledge of Tessitura highly preferred).
- Working knowledge of database languages.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to learn existing arts management database software (Tessitura) & CRM programs.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an upbeat & positive attitude.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and multi-level projects
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Shanna Yerdon-Walker, Human Resources Coordinator, by email at [email protected]