Position: Patron Services Representative (Daytime – Business Hours)
Department: Marketing / Patron Services
Type: Part-time / Exempt
Hours vary (10-30 hrs per week), Monday-Saturday
Supervisor: Manager, Patron Services
Compensation: Minimum wage ($9.70/hour through 12/30/17)
*** NOTE: This is a “rolling-need” position, in that the number of current openings vary at any one time. We want to respect your time; before submitting a resume, reach out to the contact listed below and inquire whether there are current openings.
The RPO Patron Services Center manages patron relations and ticketing, as well as house management for all Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra concerts.
The Patron Services environment is fast-paced with Representatives providing service in a variety of areas, including:
- General sales and customer service
- Planning and execution of mailing campaigns as required.
- Marketing & sales strategies – including structured sales campaigns (with the full support of full-time staff)
- Ticketing and Box Office operations
- Management of patron database via data cleanup projects, data entry and other projects as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service and patron relations through in-person contact and extensive inbound/outbound phone interaction.
- Order processing and cash handling
- Extensive computer use, including the PACIOLAN nationwide ticketing system.
- Patron cultivation and retention via relationship management (ie. documentation post-sale)
- Communication of ticketing and concert information to single ticket buyers and subscribers.
- Facilitation of single ticket and subscription package sales.
- Detail oriented tasks, such as subscription and renewal mailings, marketing campaigns and filing.
- Retail sales (artist merchandise) during concerts as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated superior attention to detail.
- Must be articulate, outgoing and confident in communication with patrons via phone or in person.
- Follow-through and regular communication to management regarding the status of tasks assigned or issues encountered with patrons is essential.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently with support from Patron Services management as needed.
- Ability to maintain composure while in stressful situations.
- Representatives must also possess the willingness to learn and develop conflict resolution skills – or should possess those skills already.
- Comfortable and competent with extensive computer-based work.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) ability is necessary. We are happy to train on more advanced tasks utilizing these programs as needed.
- Must have the ability to learn and navigate software quickly and utilize the internet and other resources to answer patron questions.
- Professional yet friendly demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hours / Pay:
- Minimum wage – currently $9.70 per hour through 12/30/17
- Part-time Employment. Hours vary (10-30 hours per week).
- Daytime shift hours are 9:45 – 1:30 (AM) or 1:30 – 5:15 (PM). Regular availability for day and weekend shifts is required.
- Patron Service Center Hours: Mon. – Sat.: 10am to 5pm. Post-season summer hours: 10am – 3pm.
Currently, the RPO does not subsidize the parking costs for employees – full time or part-time.
Parking options include:
- Open-air lots at the corner of Gibbs & E. Main (AllPro Parking) or by Spot Coffee (Fairway Parking) for $3-$5 for a 4 hour time period.
- Gibbs & E. Main Lot – a $30 monthly pass through AllPro Parking may be helpful if work hours per week/month are consistent enough.
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra:
The RPO presents up to 130 concerts per year, serving nearly 150,000 people through ticketed events, education and community engagement activities, and concerts in schools and community centers throughout the region. The orchestra has been recognized nationally for artistic and organizational excellence, creativity, and innovation. Since its founding by George Eastman in 1922 and now in its 92nd year, the RPO has remained committed to maintaining its high standard of artistic excellence, unique tradition of musical versatility, and deep commitment to education and community engagement.
To apply, candidates may send a resume and brief email or cover letter
to Emily Gisleson.
** Please reference the Representative job title with the specific shift –
Day vs. Concert – in the email subject line **
Mail: 108 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14604
Phone: (585) 454-7311 x233