Reports to: RPO Chief Operating Officer receiving direction from the President of the Rochester Philharmonic League regarding volunteer activities and the Director of Education for education activities.
Category: Part-time. This job averages 15-20 hours per, with some weeks during education concerts closer to 40 and much lower in the summer.
Summary: The Volunteer Administrator is responsible for the recruitment, training and retention of the RPO volunteers. Duties may include theatre services, office assistance and volunteer coordination. The Volunteer Administrator is responsible for maintaining the volunteer data base, editing a volunteer newsletter, creating and updating volunteer support and training materials, and will maximize social media platforms to communicate with volunteers. She/he will actively seek out appropriate avenues for recruitment of volunteers, matching skill sets and expertise with RPO needs, and serve as liaison to the RPO staff.
- Oversee and implement a comprehensive plan for volunteer recruitment, training and retention.
- Create and maintain materials for volunteer support and training.
- Maintain and update volunteer database
- Provide administrative support for educational concerts
- Provide support for the annual YAA competition.
- Assist the Rochester Philharmonic League with general office duties
- Assist in bi-monthly publication of “Volunteer Voice”
- Attend monthly RPO staff meetings
- Prepare materials for and attend Rochester Philharmonic League Board meetings
- Provide administrative support as needed to chairs of League sponsored activities
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to function as a team player and to work effectively with volunteers and staff
- Proficiency in computer applications and familiarity with database systems, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and Tessitura (RPO application – training provided)
- Demonstrate capability to communicate effectively with others in a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced, multi-task environment
Please send resume to:
Human Resources Manager