Updated Indoor Safety Procedures:
The RPO is excited to continue to bring our patrons great music during our summer concert season! The RPO has updated our protocols and procedures for your safety that follow CDC, state, county, and venue-specific guidelines, as well as the recommendations of our medical advisor. Our policies for our Summer Special Concerts are in effect for RPO concerts through July 29th 2022.
The RPO will be reassessing our protocols and procedures for our fall season in early August. Further updates will be provided.
Current Policies as of July 2, 2022:
Masking & Vaccination Requirements
- Masking is required for Indoor Performances: All patrons will be required to wear masks at all times and throughout the duration of the performance. We no longer offer masking optional seating in the balcony for indoor performances. Please make sure your mask is covering both your mouth and nose.
- Accepted: Disposable Masks, N95 Masks, KN95 Masks, Cloth Masks
- Not Accepted: Face Shields, Bandanas, Neck Gaiters, Masks with Valves
*The RPO will have compliant masks available onsite while supplies last for those who need them upon entering the hall.
- Masking is Optional for Outdoor Summer Performances.
Proof of Vaccination is not required: We are not requiring vaccinations to attend RPO performances.
Seating and Tickets
- Special seating requests for Kodak Hall can be made by contacting the Patron Services Center.
- If you are not able to attend, you may exchange your tickets for another concert, give them to a friend, or donate your tickets to the RPO. All requests must be made with 24 hour notice of the concert (fees may apply).
- The Patron Services Center is open for phone calls Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm.
- The RPO Patron Services Center is currently closed to in-person purchases. All patrons are encouraged to buy tickets on our website first and call the Patrons Services Center at 585-454-2100 or email us at [email protected] for specific requests or questions.
What to Know for Your Visit
- We kindly ask and encourage patrons to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show start to ensure a quick and smooth entry into the venue.
- To help streamline your arrival, we ask patrons to enter through either the Main Street, Swan Street, or Gibbs Street doors. Please see the map of available entrances below to help plan your arrival.
- East End Parking Garage, as indicated on the map above, is available for you to park during performances. Please read surrounding parking areas’ signage carefully if you choose to park elsewhere. Other lots may tow your car if parked illegally. For example, the Central Parking System garage on Chestnut Street closes prior to the end of the performance and will tow your car.
- Betty’s Cafe will be closed. Food and drink, with the exception of water, will not be allowed in the theater.
Stay Home If You Are Sick or Unwilling to Comply with Protocols!
- If you or a recent close contact are sick, experience CDC-recognized COVID-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, we ask that you prioritize community health and stay home.
- If you do not wish to comply with these protocols, we kindly request that you remain at home. Audience members that do not comply with these protocols will be removed from the event.
Protocols for our 22-23 season beginning in September are still being decided, following the recommendations of our medical advisor, the CDC, New York State and Monroe County. Further updates will be provided beforehand.