Preserving Our Mission
In 1929, as a support group for RPO, the Rochester Philharmonic League was founded. For over 75 years, the RPL has collectively worked towards the common goal of providing quality educational and musical experiences for the community.
Today, the Rochester Philharmonic League continues to focus on educating youth through music education programs, events and much more.
The Rochester Philharmonic League also coordinates:
- Usher: Greet, seat, and care for the patrons while attending concerts.
- Give-A-Life Program: Drive eligible patrons 55+ to and from concerts.
- Gibbs Street Assistant: Ensure patrons safely exit their car and enter the theatre.
- Volunteer Advancement Committee: Plan enrichment activities to acknolwedge and recognize RPO volunteers.
- Administrative Support: Support the RPO office on weekdays.
- Education: Assist with children’s activities and concerts.
League members share a common interest in music and supporting young musicians. They take pride in being part of an organization with a rich history of supporting the RPO. Besides giving financial support to the League, members have the option of participating as volunteers in various RPL annual activities.
Membership provides a unique opportunity to attend designated RPO rehearsals at Music, Munch & Mingle, and to meet RPO musicians and staff at League-sponsored events. Involvement in these events gives members the satisfaction of developing a much closer relationship with the Orchestra and its musicians. Members are regularly informed about current activities through the RPL quarterly newsletter.
Our Current Board of Directors
Connect with the Orchestra
Join the Rochester Philharmonic League today and start impacting your community as you begin to build a closer relationship with the orchestra and its musicians.
For more information, please contact:
League Office at firstname.lastname@example.org